Saturday, July 12, 2008

Inn at Robbins Brook-Acton/ wimp of a director

So I interviewed for a position I never even wanted at Inn at Robbins Brook, an assisted living facility, back in February. I never heard back from the woman. She took a copy of my driver's and CNA licenses.

I'm thinking of writing a piece about this whole ignoring the candidate thing. Remember getting rejection letters?


On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Sheila Sussman wrote:

Dear Amy Steele,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out an application and talk to me about a CNA position .
There are so many people that apply for nurses aide jobs. I respond to those candidates who follow-up with a phone call inquiry or an e-mail showing interest in the position. Generally, candidates that really want to work here, call me in a week to see if I have made a decision. You applied in February and you never showed any enthusiasm for the position.

Good luck in the future.

Sincerely,

Sheila Sussman RN
Resident Care Director
The Inn at Robbins Brook
My reply:

[And I know I'm a bitch already.]

Well, to be honest, I wasn't interested within minutes of speaking with you.
As soon as I started to tell you about my previous CNA and Medical Assistant experience (which you had asked me to do), you instantly cut me off saying, "We don't do that here." And I'd say, "Well I understand that but this is what I did at X place." You just weren't interested in hearing about what I had done and could contribute in any manner and it was rude, inappropriate and amateurish.

I'm honestly way too educated for that type of position anyway. Just wanted to get a response because I'm a writer and working on a piece.

Amy Steele, M.S., C.M.A

No comments:

Post a Comment