Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Week One down and I'm already sleeping much better.

I know that the instructors need to address every student in the class and what applies to one does not apply to all etc. I found it interesting that there is much focus on mothers/children and time management in regards to a family. Does not apply for me: a single girl with no worries! Right. I wish.

As I joined the school gym [bargain] it's making it easier to work out so I will be much more consistent. My aim is five-six days/week.

Some things I found interesting:
--More than half my class has some sort of health care experience- will this make lab time faster/easier at least until we get to IVs?

--Almost every instructor mentioned "math fears" or "math weakness" and other negative math-related thoughts. I didn't like this. I have taken two Math for Nurses classes within a year and a half and should be competent but I still worry and it doesn't help when people say to "brush up on algebra and fractions." Algebra, really? My engineer fried said, "Algebra can be applied to almost any situation." As I writer, I replied, "You're an engineer."

--Our uniforms are: 1. fitted 2. uncomfortable 3. do not have enough pockets
Why no pants with pockets? And we are expected to carry our stethoscopes, pen lights, pens, bandage scissors and notebooks in the two front pockets on the scrub top

--25% of my class are men. Kudos to them. More men are always needed. To lift things and manage difficult ED situations.

--An instructor actually said, "I suggest you find a way to get your stress under control." If everyone in the U.S. could do that, imagine how lovely it would be. Like Sweden or Norway. All calm. Would there be less competition?

No comments:

Post a Comment