Thursday, January 31, 2008

First Clinical

Assisted living facility. Mostly women in residence. Caucasian population. Why are we required to take Cultural Anthroplogy? So P.C. that it bothers me a bit. I am very liberal and am not racist, sexist or anything else of the sort. I've dated guys of all races. I slept about four hours last night even though the place is only five minutes away from me. I just worried a bit though once I got there I was fine I think because it was just a tour. Next week we will start to assess our clients.

I did get a bit sad because I thought of my nana who died in April and had to be in an assisted living/rehab place after she broke her hip. I'm glad she went home from there (even though she was unwell with dementia). She died at home. I miss her sometimes. My grandfather died in September so it's all weird to see old, old people.

The lack of pocket space on the scrubs is going to be a huge issue. We are expected to carry IN OUR pockets:
bandage scissors
stethoscope
pen
notebook
drug guide
nursing diagnosis book
pen light

and then she told us to leave our coats in the car? So we have to put our car keys in the pocket too along with lip gloss, hand cream? Yikes!

Five weeks here and then we move on to five weeks at a Rehab facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment