Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ridiculous Required Classes

Why do I have to take Cultural Anthropology for a nursing program? Why not, say, Human Growth and Development as I took in applying to the BHCC program. I took Social Anthropology during college. Why does the school I am attending require this? Oh, because they have to bend over backwards not to offend anyone and be SO PC? I am offended. The entire class is focused on the instructor's research locale of Micronesia. I'm tired of reading about it and it has nothing to do with nursing. I am open-minded and I am very cognizant of other cultures but do not need to be force fed this plus the ideas of economics and trade and globalization and political structures are things I have learned in the past. I find the class to be busy work and frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment