Thursday, June 19, 2008

The tasks

Last week I trained days and felt like I mostly made beds. This week I have done glucose checks, a bladder scan, vital signs and I've been busy. It's a good routine the night shift. Though this is not the unit I am assigned to work on I'm told that I will float as a per-diem.

Two 19-year-old per-diem Student Nurse Techs were flabbergasted when they found out I was in my mid (to late!) 30s. And this was in talking to them at different times. One girl said: "I thought you were 23!" ha ha.

This weekend I have to sort and organize.

I'm sitting here in my sports bra--should I do a speed bike ride at Brian's?-- because I'm not 100% sure that I'm supposed to go in to work today. Just left a message for the nurse manager. I think I'll wait it out a few more minutes, finish the book I'm reading and go take a power walk. I burn 340 calories on this two mile walk if I use weights. It takes about 45 minutes. It's just down to the end of my neighborhood and back up. There are hills which is good. It's a walk that I should be doing every morning in addition to a regular workout. I know I should or the weight isn't going to come off. I guess I should just show up as I need the money and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment