Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Clincial Aspect of Orientation

I woke up at 4:45 this morning to make it to Woburn by 7 a.m. I stayed at B's because it was opressively hot and he has air conditioning. I managed to get up and out on time and even make breakfast and iced coffee to bring along for the ride! Yeah, me. Saving money.

1. Though I'd much rather be in med/surg, until I can land a job, rehab should be an excellent experience for the resume and towards my nursing degree--ie. I need an overview of many different areas of nursing.

2. By 8:30 a.m. my back was hurting me.

3. By 2:00 my feet were bothering me.

4. I don't take vital signs or do that much (so far). Making beds. Helping people with ADLs and getting dressed. I&O. It's much slower paced than I expected but it could change. The census is low. Lots of empty beds; which makes it curious that they hired so many nursing assistants.

No comments:

Post a Comment