Monday, June 2, 2008

Walking, reading

I'm a bit concerned that the HR rep has not gotten back to me about my new start date for my nursing assistant position. I assume it is next week but it would be professional of her to confirm that date with me so that I can plan on it. It would be strange if I went in for one day of orientation, got all the paperwork done, accepted an offer and then they changed their mind. I'm skeptical about jobs as I've had a run of bad luck in the past few years.

Today I had a smoothie again-- soy milk, banana, one cup blueberries and one cup tropical mix (strawberries, mango and pineapple). It actually made too much and I didn't finish it because I also had a bowl of oatmeal with two tbsp flax seeds.

For lunch, I just had a veggie burger (Amy's California) on toasted Ezekiel bread with soy cheese, lettuce and tomato.

I took a walk before lunch for 40 minutes and then my friend Miriam met me around 5ish and we did the same walk. I need to start doing that walk every day first thing in addition to some other activity because (and my heart monitor isn't working right) it burns between 200 and 300 calories.

I'm hooked on the book by Emily Giffin: Love the One You're With. I will finish it tonight. I'm also watching my TiVoed eps of Mad Men. What a brilliant show. Classy, slick, irreverent, well-written.

No comments:

Post a Comment